Saturday, October 9, 2010

10.9.10: Rehearsal Dinner

It's here! Well almost here. You guys saw the Bridal Shower back in August at the Boston Harbor Hotel and the Bachelorette Party a few weekends ago which included a day at the spa, dinner in the North End at Taranta and a night of dancing at Sanctuary. Last night the church rehearsal and dinner party marked the start of Kirsten & Phil's wedding weekend. I snapped some photos of the church while the bridal party practiced their walk. The interior is just lovely.Dinner was held at The Common Market Restaurant in Quincy. The private dining room was done up tastefully in deep brown linens and festive fall colored bouquets. We enjoyed plates of cheese and crackers and fresh fruit as well as passed appetizers of beef wellington puff pastries, shrimp cocktail, chicken satay and beef tenderloin. Dinner was served buffet style, which pretty much guarantees my plate will be filled to the brim. I piled the food on including salad, shrimp scampi, mashes potatoes, acorn squash, cranberry sauce and from the carving station - turkey and prime rib.A hearty thanksgiving-esque meal, all the food was well prepared and delicious. I am a dress from Anthropologie: "Grosgrain Peaks Dress" in Navy/Marin. 
We wrapped up the party with dessert pastries + coffee and then Karaoke downstairs in the bar! Today I ran some errands with the bride, had a much needed date with the DVR and napped on my couch. It was nice to have a day in between the rehearsal and the wedding. Can't wait for tomorrow!

16 comments:

  1. I've never seen acorn squash in a buffet. It looks delicious.

    You look beautiful. I love the dress.

    Congrats to the newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute and the pictures of the church are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty! Have a great time at the wedding...I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love LOVE your dress. You look sooooo good in it, really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady! Love your dress! You won the alarm clock giveaway on my blog - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous in that dress, it makes you look ultra slim around the waist (not that you need much help because you ARE already!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the dress and I LOVE the brides dress!!! Can't wait for the wedding recap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing and I love your dress!!! And what a gorgeous church!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look awesome- love that green on you. The food looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, looks like such a great time!!! You look lovely in the dress, and I look forward to seeing what you wear to the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Recently went to my friend’s rehearsal dinner party at San Francisco wedding venues. It was arranged by a talented event planner. Simply loved everything there as from decoration to food everything was best. Planning to go with this planner for my wedding too.

    ReplyDelete