Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Bistro & Wine Bar at Mirbeau

After a most luxurious and relaxing time at Spa Mirbeau, The Bistro & Wine Bar warmly welcomed me for a late Sunday brunch. Opting to be seated outside I settled into a comfortable porch table and ordered a glass of Sancerre ($12); soaking in the afternoon rays of sunshine as they combined with a crisp breeze. Gazing out at the zen pond gardens and vibrant green Japanese bridge, I recognized the inspiration from Claude Monet's Gardens at Giverny. For a moment I was transported back to one of my favorite days on a trip to France in 2009. 

The allure of France continues with the food where I recognize executive chef Stephen Coe's name on the menu, he used to be the chef at Bokx 109 in Newton. 

The hearty French Onion Soup ($10) warns off any hint of a lingering chill. A deeply flavorful broth is loaded with sweet caramelized onions. A thick slice of brioche is cloaked in musty gruyere cheese and dusted with chives. 

Chef sends out his signature appetizer - the Pear and Mascarpone Sacchetti ($10) which I also recognize from Bokx 109.  Sweet juicy pear and creamy mascarpone are tucked neatly into adorable little satchels with moustarda fruid, vincotto and chive fondu. I am delighted that he has continued serve this at Mirbeau!
Following the Sacchetti, a sample of chilled melon soup is refreshing and sweet. The piece de resistance isChicken Francaise Sandwich ($12) where supremely crispy skin gives way to tender meat that is layered with sage and honey. On the side, duckfat french fries complete the meal. This wasn't an easy choice though, the entire brunch menu looks stellar.



Mirbeau, you've been good to me. Exceptional, in fact. I'm beyond relaxed and ready to take on the real world again. Merci, beaucoup!!




I was treated to a complimentary "Touch of Class" spa package (choice of one 50-minute massage, facial, or nail treatment with a 3-course lunch) which retails for $200.

9 comments:

  1. you are killing me right now with this post!!! those fries. your pictures seriously make my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you happen to spot Linnea? This looks amazing cousin, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks wonderful!! I bet it all was delicious! Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i was eyeing this package...looks lovely! those sacchetti= yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Those fries are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sandwich looks amazing. I am super-jealous of your spa day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cherry on the spa day sundae! Looks like an exceptional meal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous foods and to be pampered too - liven la vida!

    ReplyDelete