Monday, February 9, 2015

5 Napkin Burger

5 Napkin Burger opened in Boston in March of 2011 - see my first post here. This Back Bay neighborhood spot had fallen off my radar. It was great to pay them a visit this winter at a media tasting and try some of the new menu items along with revisiting some of the classics. 

Edamame Hummus ($9.50) | miso tahini, sunflower seeds, sprouts & warm flatbread
Crispy Calamari | spicy peppers, marinara sauce
Pesto Flatbread | oven dried tomatoes
Bacon-Cheddar Burger ($15.75) | 8 oz. fresh ground beef, black label bacon, sharp cheddar, raw onion, lettuce, tomato, sesame brioche bun
Stack of Thick Cut Panko Onion Rings ($7.50) | asiago fondu
Chicken & Waffles | This was my entrĂ©e - I'm a sucker for this dish. The chicken was nicely seasoned and crispy, but there was an overwhelming amount of it. I'll happily take leftovers, but I found it hard to make my way to the waffle. Conceptually, I prefer when the chicken and waffles can strike a balance. The bourbon maple syrup was excellent and nicely tied the dish together.
Milkshakes! | We sampled: S'mores, Cookies n Cream and Salted Caramel. Do not leave 5 Napkin without trying one. These milkshakes are creamy, frothy and decadent. 

Read my friend Molly's recap of our evening on Pop.Bop.Shop.
And my friend Fiona's on A Boston Food Diary.

5 Napkin Burger
105 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115

3 comments:

  1. I have fond memories of our dinner there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun dinner and those milkshakes! I am still thinking about them. Thank you for including a link to my recap as well. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete