Thursday, May 28, 2015

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

I have been sharing a lot about the food scene but make no mistake there is a lot to see and do in Cleveland, too! Without a doubt The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should be at the top of that list. Situated on the banks of Lake Erie in the developing North Coast Harbor area, this museum is pretty spectacular. Only a small glimpse was captured through my camera, but, I was enamored with: The Herb Ritz Rock Portraits exhibit (the man notorious for his Rolling Stone covers), Paul Simon Words and Music - a new exhibit in the first person narrative style, and, of course, The Inductee Hall of Fame exhibit with an endless showcase of major artifacts and funky memorabilia. Fun Fact: I am a huge Paul Simon fan. I grew up to the tunes of Graceland, it ranks up there as one of my favorite albums of all time. Songs like Boy in the Bubble, I Know What I Know, Diamonds on the Souls of Her Shoes and of course Cal Me Al are revelations in music. I was lucky to see him play at The House of Blues in 2011. A lot of the crew breezed through his exhibit while I lingered behind, so excited to take this all in.

A couple of hours here barely felt like enough! There are four state of the art theaters, a really neat dark room with inductee signatures and some fun interactive kiosks. Give yourself plenty of time to linger!

Adult Admission - $22 / Children - $13

Cleveland, OH 44114

2 comments: