Friday, June 19, 2015

Select Oyster Bar



One of the foods I can truly say I eat the most of (this time of year, especially) is oysters. I never seem to tire of these pristine specimens, and Boston does them oh-so-well. Take the recently opened Select Oyster Bar where an irreproachable selection is matched by stunning crudi and inventive fruits de mer. 

what we ate:
raw oysters ($2.75) | wellfleet, marthas vineyard, kumamoto
dressed maine lobster ($29) | fine herbs + lemon
faroe island salmon crudo ($14) | togarashi, pistachio oil, lime
flash seared hamachi ($19) | sweet corn salad, whipped avocado, lime slaw
spanish octopus ($18) | roasted tomatillo, chimichurri, blistered snap peas, serrano chili

and drank:
Ulacia txakolina rose ($15/glass)
hemingway daquiri ($13.5) | privateer rum, maraschino, fresh citrus
green issac's special ($13.5) | cap rock gin, coconut water, bitters, lime
Gramona Imperial cava ($65/bottle)

While I will admit that I can hardly keep up with Boston's booming restaurant scene, I was so happy that the ladies and I made it a point to visit Select in its infant state. Tucked neatly into a small, narrow space on Gloucester Street in the Back Bay - this bright, cheerful oyster bar with a charming back patio is a welcome addition to the seafood scene. 

Read Meghan's recap of our evening on Travel Wine Dine here.

50 Gloucester St
Boston, MA 02115

2 comments:

  1. I loved that evening! I think a return trip is in order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sign with a view! Love it. This may sound strange, but I love crushed ice like that in my cocktails. It's the little things.

    ReplyDelete