Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Westside Market | Cleveland






I've been gushing about Cleveland for a solid month now and still there is more! 

The group was given a lot of time early one morning to spend at the historic Westside Market. I could not have been happier to explore all the food stalls, perusing and snapping photographs at my leisure. If you can believe it, what you see here is just a small depiction of the 100 or so family run vendor stalls selling everything from meat, breads, dairy and seafood to nuts, spices, olive oils, perogies and pastries. There's even a Parisian street style creperie Crêpes de Luxe where I purchased a savory ham, egg and gruyere crêpe. Located conveniently next to it is a gourmet coffee roaster stall City Roast Coffee where a frothy cappuccino was in order. With my breakfast treats I ventured upstairs to hang out on the balcony overlooking the grand yellow brick and white subway tiled space, the morning sunlight streaming through the high windows. I also managed to take home some phenomenal homemade pastas from the Ohio City Pasta stall - pappardelle and two fettuccine: rye and lemon pepper. (Our luxury bus had a built in cooler and our hotel rooms were equipped with a full fridge! The pasta was still fantastic by the time I got it home to Boston.) If I lived in Cleveland, I'd be grocery shopping here regularly.

Westside Market is the cities oldest continually operating public market, opened in 1912 to serve the growing immigrant population. 100+ years later they continue to offer a friendly, culturally diverse shopping experience.

Hours: Mon & Wed: 7am-4pm / Fri & Sat: 7am-6pm

Ohio City
1979 W 25th St,
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

4 comments:

  1. That is an amazing space! I love that they have Wellfleets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me excited for the new market downtown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohio Market looks like quite a culinary experience! Such a fine opportunity to capture the beautiful foods on the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really wish I hadn't read this while starving at my desk. This looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete