Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Twelve Hours | Brighton


 Twelve Hours is my new favorite neighborhood spot for comforting and flavorful Asian inspired street noodle soups. The name is indicative of the broths twelve hour preparation + cook time and the combination of their opening hours (12hrs/day!)

The café featuring exposed brick and colorfully painted weathered wood beams is a quiet and charming self service space should you choose to dine-in, however, most of their business leans towards takeout + delivery. Besides noodle soups the large menu also includes and array of stir fry noodles, fried rice and grilled dishes. (I've only had the soups, plus a few sides.) 

The Street Noodle Soup is a must order. It's a Thai style hot and sour soup with ground pork, chicken, shrimp, crushed peanuts, bean sprouts, cilantro, fried wonton, and soft boiled egg. The broth flavor is remarkable and truly takes noodle soup to a new level of comfort. They offer excellent Ramen Noodle soups like the Sakura Falls Ramen - a Japanese shoyu style or a Red Curry Ramen which is Thai style broth - both with braised pork and all the the traditional fixings. 

559 Washington Street
Brighton, MA 02135

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I am so glad you and Bob checked it out and that you've become regulars! I completely agree that the Street Noodle soup is a must. I have become addicted to the scallion pancake avocado roll. I never leave without an iced Taro tea either. I tell everyone about this place because I want it to stay open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I misread the title at first as Twelve Hours in Brighton as in - some places and things to do in 12 hours.. ;) - which has sparked some ideas. So while not at first what I thought enjoyed the inside peak at this restaurant.
    I'll have to check it out as I live not far from here. The dumplings looked delish!
    K of TAF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teach at the Y right near there and always wondered about this spot. we need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete